Accessibility / Help Page
Third Party Documents
The Governor’s Military Council (GMC) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of the external websites or external documents linked to on this website.
Members of the public who submit documents to the GMC for posting on the website should submit the documents in an accessible format. For more information, please see the State of California’s Accessibility Standards.
Public comments submitted to the GMC will be considered regardless of the format in which they are received.
Below you will find a list of some of the technology solutions we have integrated to make our website easy to navigate, fast-loading, and accessible.
Keyboard Commands for:
- California’s Accessibility Standards
- Americans with Disabilities Act Notice
- California Commission on Disability Access (CCDA)
- California Department of Rehabilitation (DoR)
If you need assistance accessing content contained on this website in an alternate format, please email email@example.com. You may also contact us via phone at 916-327-0157.
To enable us to respond in a manner that will be of most help to you, please indicate:
- The nature of the accessibility need
- Your preferred format (electronic format, large print, etc.).
- The web address of the requested material
- Your full contact information, so we can reach you if additional information is required.
Grievance Procedure Under the Americans with Disabilities Act
This grievance procedure is established in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). It may be used by anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the provision of services, activities, or programs, by the GMC. The Nondiscrimination Policy governs employment-related complaints of disability discrimination.
- The complaint should be in writing and contain information about the alleged discrimination such as name, address, phone number of complainant and location, date, and description of the problem. (Alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews, telephone interviews, or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made available upon request for persons with disabilities.)
- The complaint should be submitted by the complainant and/or designee as soon as possible but no later than 60 calendar days after the alleged violation to:
The Governor’s Military Council
Attn: ADA Coordinator
Personnel Office1400 Tenth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Voice: (916) 327-0157
- Within 30 calendar days after receipt of the complaint, the ADA Coordinator or designee will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and the possible resolutions.
- Within 30 calendar days of the contact, the ADA Coordinator or designee will respond in writing. The response will explain the findings of GMC and offer options for resolution of the complaint. (Responses, where appropriate, will be made in a format accessible to the complainant.)
- All written complaints received by the ADA Coordinator or designee, appeals to the designee, and responses from these two offices will be retained by SGC for at least three years.Use of this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies, such as filing of a disability complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, or other appropriate state or federal agencies.
This document may be made available in alternate formats as a reasonable accommodation upon request.